This post is about three days late.... last three days I have been sick plus we had some difficulties during the week. Matthew was not feeling well on Monday so we went to the ER and waited 8 hours in the emergency room. Turns out Matthew had an ear infection. We are very glad it is something "minor". Tuesday was horrible because we were running off of 4-5 hours of sleep. Matthew had to work still and I had a swimming class which my teacher won't care if you were in the ER for 8 hrs, she will still count you absent. I kinda wish I did not take this class because usually the teachers are more flexible and will give you some "free" classes that won't count against you. Not this teacher. My horse and math teacher are amazing and will give me some freebies. I just have to have a doctors note or just tell them ahead of time. I think it has to do with the different lives that my teacher's live. My swim teacher is not married and has not kids... my math teacher has a little girl and her husband is in the army. My horse/equine instructor runs a horse boarding center and she is married. So they both understand that life gets in the way and sometimes we HAVE to miss class. 

Anyways.... made it to 16 weeks! We went to a doctor's appointment... I, as usually, was very nervous. I gained three of the 10lbs I have lost... Yay!! Just took 16 weeks to do so. When our doctor walked in, Dr. Quin, he announced that we were going to get another ultrasound because he wanted to check on the baby's growth and see about that blood clots that we saw behind my placenta. We were very excited and nervous. Poor Matthew got all nervous and started to worry that something was wrong with our mini me. When Dr. Quin came back he and started the ultrasound, lots of thoughts went through my head... Have I been careful enough while being pregnant? Have I done anything to harm the baby? Could I have done things better to help the baby grow more? Right away he found our baby's heartbeat! He was very happy how strong our kido's heartbeat is. Baby is growing on target, though being a Singer, and our child, he/she was stubborn and hid behind something so he could not get a good measurement but he said what he could see the baby was growing on target. And... The blood clot is gone!! Dr. Quin said there were not evidence that there were ever a blood clot! Praise God!!! He is happy how we are doing so he said we can see him in six weeks instead of 4 weeks. Cool. Our Anatomy scan is in 19 days... I hope those days fly by! We get to see what we are having! Everyone else gets to wait until birth ;)

So... about being sick. I am pretty sure I caught whatever I have from going to the ER with Matthew... there were a ton of sick people in there, duh! But on Wednesday I had a sore throat, on Thursday I just felt off. I wish I could have skipped swimming class because I am sure jumping in cold water did not help. On Friday, the day of our appointment, I was coughing and feeling super tired... then On Saturday I felt horrible. I had a fever of 99.6 and was coughing, sneezing, nose running, horrible headache... just felt horrible. I had Matthew go on a sick run for me. That night I thew-up, afterwards I went and cuddle with Matthew who was asleep... apparently my fever woke him up. I was running a fever of 102.02... great. So for the next two hours Matthew worked on getting my temps down... when it got down to 100 we went to bed. Matthew is such a good Husband, he takes such good care of me... I love him to death! He had to work on Sunday but called in and found a replacement to stay home with me in case I needed anything. I woke up with a temp of 99.5. Which is better.

I am glad I am in my second trimester, if I was in my first, a fever could be bad for our baby... but because I am in my second trimester we have no worries about a fever hurting the baby, unless it gets to 104 then we have to worry some. 

Check baby's heartbeat on a doppler and s/he had a nice strong heartbeat. I just hope I get over this cold ASAP because I have hw and school to do and I cannot let a cold hold me behind.

I am going to try and take my baby bump picture tomorrow when I look and feel better...

Now I shall end this with pictures of our kittens are cuddly, I think they knew I was feeling bad so they came to comfort me.


Leave a Reply.